- 4 STAR GRADING by the English Tourist Board
- Glorious scenery
- Peaceful, quiet and ʻaway from it allʼ
- Wonderful walks straight from the door
- Real log fires
- Beautifully furnished with Liberty fabrics, and antique pine furniture
- Sublimely comfortable 5′ bed, with luxurious quality Egyptian cotton bed-linen, sumptuous towels and bathrobes.
- Pretty cottage garden with natural waterfall, terrace with table and chairs.
- Amazing birdlife and rare wildflowers
- Central heating, electricity and large basket of winter logs included.
- Newly fitted kitchen, utility area with freezer and washing machine/dryer.
- Idyllic, peaceful surroundings, yet only 15 minutesʼ drive from the M6
- FREE WI-FI
An idyllic small cottage for two tucked away along a quiet country lane; no crowds, few cars, just wonderful high fells, a beautiful river and ancient woodlands to explore in a lovely quiet valley of old Westmorland. ‘Bluebell’ is a delightful place; it has just been completely renovated to a very high standard and is luxuriously comfortable. The cottage is furnished in country style with Liberty and Laura Ashley fabrics, antique pine furniture, an old elm staircase and little curios in the nooks and crannies. Everything is included in the price; central heating, a large basket of logs in winter, electricity and all linen, including sumptuous towels and bathrobes.The lounge has a real log fire, beamed ceiling, windows overlooking the garden, comfortable two- seater sofa and armchair, occasional tables and lamps, flat screen television, dining table and bookcase with books and games. The shower room has a power shower and Victorian style polished brass fittings. The pretty, country style bedroom has a beamed ceiling, blissfully comfortable 5′ bed, windows overlooking the garden and antique pine furniture. The newly-fitted kitchen is a pleasure to use and is well equipped with Bosch dishwasher, Bosch electric fan oven, electric induction hob, microwave oven, larder ‘fridge, freezer, electric toaster, etc., pretty china and a good selection of cutlery and cookware. Utility area with washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer. Bluebell has its own private garden surrounding the cottage with a natural waterfall and interesting country garden plants. There are seats to sit in the sun and seats to sit in the shade – all with lovely views – and garden furniture for outdoor meals on the terrace overlooking the waterfall. The mountain scenery surrounding the cottage is breathtaking and as you would expect in such an unspoilt area, there is a marvellous variety of wildlife; pied flycatchers and redstarts nest in the garden, there are badger setts in the nearby woods and the occasional sighting of roe and red deer.